Mary & Eric Von Hoene
Eucharistic Adoration involves “the contemplation of the Mystery of Christ truly present before us”. In other words, it is adoring Jesus Christ, who is truly present under the appearance of bread and wine, as the Holy Eucharist.
Eucharistic Adoration is open from Sunday at 2:00 p.m. through Friday at 6:00 p.m., except:
- During daily Masses from 6:00 – 10:00 a.m. Monday through Friday;
- From 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. for Holy Day Vigil Masses and 6:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. on Holy days of Obligation;
- During the Easter Triduum from 6:00 a.m. on Holy Thursday through 2:00 p.m. on Easter Sunday;
- On Thanksgiving from 10:00 a.m. – Friday at 10:00 a.m;
- All Day on Christmas Eve and All Day on Christmas Day;
- For special liturgical events such as funerals
Adoration at STA depends upon believers committing to one hour each week in order to ensure a continual presence before the Lord. Those who cannot commit to one hour every week should consider sharing an hour each week with one or more fellow believers. (For example, three persons commit to one hour each week so each person participates every three weeks.)
If committed Adorers have foreseen conflicts, or unforeseen conflicts due to emergencies, there are procedures for securing substitutes.
Those who cannot commit to a regular time of Eucharistic Adoration are invited to drop-in to pray before and worship the Lord at any time Adoration is open.