Mary & Eric Von Hoene
Eucharistic Adoration involves “the contemplation of the Mystery of Christ truly present before us”. In other words, it is adoring Jesus Christ, who is truly present under the appearance of bread and wine, as the Holy Eucharist.
Eucharistic Adoration is open from Sunday at 2:00 p.m. through Friday at 6:00 p.m., with the following exceptions:
- During Sunday evening Mass from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- During Wednesday evening Mass from 6:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m.
- During daily Masses from 6:00 – 10:00 a.m. Monday through Friday;
- Holy Day Vigil Masses from 6:00 p.m. -8:00 p.m.
- Holy Day of Obligation Masses from 6:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.;
- During the Easter Triduum from 6:00 a.m. on Holy Thursday through 2:00 p.m. on Easter Sunday;
- On Thanksgiving Day from 12:00 a.m. – Friday at 10:00 a.m;
- On Christmas Eve at 6:00 a.m. through 10:00 a.m. on December 26, the day after Christmas;
- For special liturgical events such as funerals, weddings, and Masses that occur in the Adoration Chapel and the Main Church
Adoration at STA depends upon believers committing to one hour each week in order to ensure a continual presence before the Lord. Those who cannot commit to one hour every week should consider sharing an hour each week with one or more fellow believers. (For example, three persons commit to one hour each week so each person participates every three weeks.)
If committed Adorers have foreseen conflicts, or unforeseen conflicts due to emergencies, there are procedures for securing substitutes.
Those who cannot commit to a regular time of Eucharistic Adoration are invited to drop-in to pray before and worship the Lord at any time Adoration is open.