Married Mentor Couples
Mentor couples are matched with engaged couples during their marriage preparation process for a series of meetings. Through their personal witnesses, mentor couples provide hope, enrichment and direction for the engaged and newly married.
Married Mentor Couples:
- Are registered parishioners and active faithful stewards in the parish
- Strive to live their vocation to marriage and family
- Embrace the Church’s teachings on human sexuality and pro-creation
- Have been married at least five years
- Have a shared prayer life
- Will make the time and commitment necessary to work with other couples
"The Woman was made of a rib out of the side of Adam; not made out of his head to rule over him, nor out of his feet to be trampled upon by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be beloved."
Food for Thought
Are you willing to take The Love Dare? click here
Click here for 10 Tips for a Stronger Catholic Marriage
How can you offer support to a newly married couple? Your encouragement and simple, practical things can make a big difference. Click here to read more.
Read Pope Francis's advice to Engaged Couples Preparing for Marriage click here
Weekly Marriage Tip
The greatest gift we can offer our kids isn't something money can buy; it's a healthy, happy and loving marriage that they can look to as a good example.
Prayer & Discernment
An Engaged Couples Prayer
Ignatian Prayer Time for Spouses
How to Pray with Your Spouse
Litany of Marriage and Family
Prayer of Blessing for Married Couples
10 Pointers for Prayer
Who Me? Pray with Her?
Resources for Marriage Enrichment and Working with the Engaged
- A Catholic Guide to Lifelong Marriage: For Better....Forever by Gregory K. Popcak
- Birth Control and Christian Discipleship by John Kippley
- Embracing God's Plan for Marriage: A Scripture Study for Coupleby Mark and Melanie Hart
- Family-Centered Examination of Conscience
- Family Foundations magazine published by the Couple to Couple league
- Fertility, Cycles and Nutrition by Marilyn Shannon
- For Better For Ever by Dr. Greg and Lisa Popcak
- Good News about Sex and Marriage by Christopher West
- Humanae Vitae by Blessed Pope Paul VI
- Life-Giving Love by Kimberly Hahn
- Marriage is for Keeps, Foundations for a Christian Marriage by John Kippley
- Marriage: The Mystery of Faithful Love by Alice von Hildebrand
- Married Saints and Blesseds Through the Centuries by Ferdinand Holbock
- Men, Women and the Mystery of Love by Edward Sri
- Please Understand Me II by David Keirsey
- Sex and the Marriage Covenant, A Basis for Morality by John Kippley
- Sex Au Natural by Patrick Coffin
- The Catholic Family Handbook by Lawrence. G. Lovasik
- The Five Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman
- Witness to Love by Ryan and Mary-Rose Verret
- 10 Great Dates to Energize Your Marriage by David and Claudia Arp
- 21 Undeniable Secrets of Marriage by Dr. Allen Hunt
For Your Marriage
- This is an initiative of the United States conference of Catholic Bishops. It has information on dating/engaged, parenting/family, a marriage resource center, information about Catholic marriage and much more. There are articles, daily blogs and many helpful resources for married and engaged couples.
- This website is dedicated to helping singles, supporting couples and helping church leaders foster healthy marriages. The website provides regular content to help couples practically grow and strengthen their relationships, no matter the stage.
Marriage: Unique for a Reason
- Also an initiative of the USCCB, this website contains prayers, blogs, information on Church teachings, videos and relevant topics concerning marriage today.
NACFLM Resource Guide
- The National Association of Catholic Family Life Ministers website provides a resource guide for family life ministers. However, there are many topics that couples will find useful when working with the engaged.
Catholic Marriage Prep
- This website is dedicated to building strong, Christ-centered marriages. It has links to various other websites, blogs and articles that couples will find interesting for personal enrichment or for working with the engaged.
Focus on the Family
- Though not a Catholic website, the Focus on the Family website has good information on marriage enrichment. Whether exploring the ideas of "dating your spouse", resolving conflict or growing together spiritually, you will find interesting articles and resources .