I am the MTSS(Multi-Tier System of Supports) Coordinator at St. Thomas Aquinas. I taught special education in the Wichita Public Schools for 8 years. I then spent 9 years at home with my children. This is now my 3rd year at STA. I have an undergraduate degree in Elementary Education and a graduate degree in Special Education both from Wichita State University.
My husband Tim and I are members of St. Thomas Aquinas Parish. We were married here in 2001. Our four children, Trevor, Julia, Victoria, and Brock, are all students here as well.
I am excited to have the opportunity to work with many students in grades Kindergarten through 5th grade. It is going to be a wonderful year!
• Differentiated instruction within the classroom with a concentration on the core curriculum
• Tier 1 support plus
• Classroom accommodations
• Development and implementation of individual education plans by parent, teacher and Learning Support Program professionals
• Increased one-on-one instruction by teacher and/or volunteer or aide
• Additional small group instruction
• Tier 1 Support plus
• Tier 2 Support plus/or
• Personalized instruction, outside the classroom
• Coordination of out-of-building instruction and resources